Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy New Year! Eye Think Therefore Eye Am



"Ten mouths saying aren't equal to one eye seeing"

This basically means "you shouldn't believe what you hear from other people until to see it with your own eyes."

"Ten mouths" represent people's talking, and "one eye" represents your own seeing. It can also mean "you have to see it to believe it"

This proverb is found in other Tai languages as well. In particular, it can be found in Lao and Northern Thai.

Anyway, since I want to be a professional linguist, the year 2012 has been the greatest year of my entire life. I have always dreamed of finishing my BA and get into a grad school in linguistics. This year, I graduated from UCLA and I am now attending USC doing a doctoral program in linguistics.

I want to thank many people who had helped me with this. I want to thank my professors, TAs, and friends who had helped me. I want to thank Mom and Dad and my sister. I want to thank the linguistics department at USC for giving me the opportunity to achieve my goals. I promise I won't fail you.

And finally, I want to thank all my subscribers and viewers. If it weren't for you guys, I wouldn't be making videos. Thank you so much for your support.

Thank you everyone!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!

No comments: