Thursday, September 30, 2010

Thai "Paradigm"

ข้า (khâa) n., 1. slave, servant, 2. I/me

Case                                                     Meaning                       
Nominative*  ข้า                              the slave(subject)           
Genitive**       -ข้า, ของข้า               the slave's                    
Dative                ให้ข้า, เพื่อข้า             to the slave, for the slave
Accusative***  ข้า                           the slave(object)            
Ablative              จากข้า                     from the slave
Locative             ที่ข้า, ในข้า etc.      at the slave, in the slave
Vocative             ข้า                             O slave!

* subject when it's placed before verb
** possessor when succeeds noun
*** subject when it's placed after verb
ข้า ส่ง  แหวน    ข้า  ให้   เจ้า
  I        send       (a/the)ring  of mine  to/for      you
"I send my ring to you."

No comments: