- Taunni ai thangv lok mied neungz phasa lae ai meuan khams.
- Lae khanathi phukhon ophayobed jak ai tawanauk, khao joed a thirab nai ai meuang khaungsh Shinar lae asaished thinan.
- Lae khao bauked neungz ikneung, "Ma, haizh ran tham its, lae phaosh khan thithuanly." Lae khao mied it samrab hin, lae nammandin samrab pun.
- Jaknan khao bauked, "Ma, haizh ran sang ryengs a meaung lae a haush kab my danbon nai ai sawanshes, lae haizh ran tham a nam samrab ryengs, michanan rao pen krajaied neuash ai nazh khaungsh ai thangmod lok."
- Lae ai Prajao maed long to du ai meaung lae ai haush, anthi ai dek khaungsh khon mied sanged.
- Lae ai Prajao phuted, "Dusi, khao kheu neungz phukhon, lae khao mi thangmod neungz phasa, lae ni pen neungly ai roemtoning khaungsh arai khao ja tham. Lae maikhaung nan khao tangjai to tham ja taunni pen insamatable sarab ran.
- Ma, haizh ran pai long lae thinan sabson khy phasa, dangnan nan khao at maizh khaojai neungz ikneung's waja."
- Dangnan ai Prajao krajaied khan jak thinan neuash ai nazh khaungsh thangmod ai lok, lae khao jakpaied sanging ai meaung.
- Dangnan my nam pened riaked Babel, phrauwa thinan ai Prajao sabsoned ai phasa khaung sh thangmod ai lok. Lae jak thinan ai Prajao krajaied khan neuash ai nazh khaungsh thangmod ai lok.
English Standard Version (2002):
- Now the whole earth had one language and the same words.
- And as people migrated from the east, they found a plain in the land of Shinar and settled there.
- And they said to one another, "Come, let us make bricks, and burn them thoroughly." And they had brick for stone, and bitumen for mortar.
- Then they said, "Come, let us build ourselves a city and a tower with its top in the heavens, and let us make a name for ourselves, lest we be dispersed over the face of the whole earth."
- And the Lord came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of man had built.
- And the Lord said, "Behold, they are one people, and they have all one language, and this is only the beginning of what they will do. And nothing that they propose to do will now be impossible for them.
- Come, let us go down and there confuse their language, so that they may not understand one another's speech."
- So the Lord dispersed them from there over the face of all the earth, and they left off building the city.
- Therefore its name was called Babel, because there the Lord confused the language of all the earth. And from there the Lord dispersed them over the face of all the earth.